The pulse of the party is its' theme.







Friday, May 14, 2010

Spring Music Concert


So, this is not really a party post. It is a post about my recent Spring Concert with the Moraine Valley Percussion Ensemble. Seeing as so many people, myself included have had to sit through one of these concerts supporting a child or loved one. I thought I would post my pics and toss out ideas for marking such an occasion.



The Program. Be sure to take a program. This is the little piece of fame that the performer gets. Their name in print for all to see. I still have all of my old programs in an old photo album along with pictures from whichever recital it was. I wish I did a better job of keeping the ones from my children's shows. I tend to think scrapbooking is super time consuming and everything is digital these days, so is there really a big need for all of that printing and gluing and cutting?.......but how nice it is to have that album full of memories. Something to think about before you toss that program in the trash!

Here I am on stage with some of the ensemble. Important pic to get. The stage shot. Most of these kids are right out of high school. It was hard not to feel intimidated when I walked into that first class. It just goes to show, you are never too old to try something you have always wanted to do. They were all so nice and made me feel like I was a part of something.

You don't perform in the big spring concert without expecting there to be parents in the audience. I thought it was pretty funny that all of the kids in my class had parents my age there and there I was with my old man. The two percussionist! My husband came as well. My kids could not make it :( but maybe next time. Another important picture to get.....the performer with family near the stage.

What do you bring for someone after a big show......the recital bouquet of course!

So, my mind gets to thinking, what if you wanted to make the day special for your performer. How easy would it be to cut out some music notes to stick around the house the day of the show. Maybe a little "break a leg" sign?

OK, music note balloons might be taking things a bit too far for a little spring concert. But, hey they make them for a reason. You can take the whole music theme and run with it for any music lover in your life.

Time for me to start practicing for the Summer Concert Series.


Click Below to see footage from the concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment