The pulse of the party is its' theme.







Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day 2010, Breast Cancer Walk



So, this year for Mother's Day, the family and I did the Beverly Breast Cancer walk. It was our first walk and it was a really great experience for all of us. It meant the world to me...doing something together to fight this disease that has invaded our lives. We were just regular walkers this year, but I hope to become more involved with a team and some of the bigger walks next year when my treatment is over.


People had all kinds of banners and entertainment along the walk route. My dad was even playing with his band as the walk started. Nice of them to donate their time like that!

Mother's Day Gifts.....The kids gave me some lovely gifts this year including, not one, but two Martha Stewart paper cutters. I really wanted those for my projects. Now my banners and signs will be straight and my circles will no longer be all jagged. Hurray!

Here are some of the cards I made for Mothers Day. I have been trying to use the card and stampers my sons girlfriend gave me for Christmas. I really think I need to go out and buy some alphabet stamps as my writing is not the neatest, but what a fun and easy way to make a card.

I saw these cute little pink polka dot plants and thought they were just perfect for mothers day. The pink kind of goes with the whole breast cancer thing and unlike just getting some flowers that will be thrown away, these can be planted in the garden. I made little stakes for each pot using coffee stirring sticks and some sticky notes.

I hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day......I can't wait for my next project so I can use my new Martha Stewart crafting skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment