The pulse of the party is its' theme.







Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Great Graduation!

My daughter found me some pictures of her high school graduation party. Going through chemo at the time, it was a bit of a struggle for me to pull off, but I did and it was a great party. Thank god for the cleaning service! I wish I had taken more pictures as I really liked the way I decorated the yard and the deck. We had big paper lanterns hanging from the trees. I wanted it to look like the "Brothers & Sisters" yard on TV. Not having a ton of energy, I just kept to the Graduation theme for the party. I got the "Way to Go" photo board above from Target. I bought 2009 party supplies from Party City. See, kept it simple.

I got the invites at Swoozies and then printed them out myself on the computer. Oh, how I will miss my Swoozies!


The cake was from Creative Cakes. I just picked this one out of their photo book. Also on the table was a jar and notepad so that people could give Words of Wisdom to the graduate.
Favors for this party were star shaped cookies with the graduates name on them.



Here is a picture of me with the graduate. Notice the Name Tags? Since I had invited so many people to this party, I put out name tags. I tried to make it more interesting by having people write how they were related to the graduate along with their name.

A family party usually means having kids around. Even though mine are grown, I remember how restless they can get at a party. It is a good idea to get some bubbles, chalk, etc. to keep on hand and keep the kids busy.

My very first homemade banner. I really liked the way this one came out. I have yet to find something to fill the space over my fireplace, so it looked pretty bare for a party. This banner filled the space. I used card stock to cut out letters and stars. I cut frames out of brown paper and glued some pictures of the graduate on each side. I never use those big photos that come with the photo packages, so it was nice to find something to do with them.

Just because I was sticking with a simple theme for this party, did not mean it was going to be boring. I really am a big fan of giving people something to do at a party. I hired a great caricaturist. He set up in the living room and was able to draw pictures of everyone at the party who wanted one.

I was so happy that so many family members were able to make it to the party. People get older and it is harder to get together and keep in touch. You have to take advantage of that kind of photo op. This is one side of our family out on the deck.

I was pretty tired at the end of this one, but I think it was worth it. Everyone had a great time and I got celebrate my baby girl growing up and getting ready to go out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment