The pulse of the party is its' theme.







Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sweet 16 Party

This party was jammin' yo!

ok.....that was my attempt at being cool. My daughter was not to happy about me sticking that on the sign, but at the time, I thought it was funny. Soooo, when my now college age daughter turned 16, we had a Breakfast at Tiffany's Sweet 16 party for her. At that time MTV was running all of those Sweet 16 shows. I knew I could not go all crazy like those rich kids parents, but I figured I could get crafty and still have one heck of a party. The idea for the Breakfast at Tiffany's theme came from the fact that every time she would get dressed up to go to a dance, everyone would say"you look so Audrey Hepburn". My daughter has always had a simple elegance to her style and I wanted to make that the theme of her party.

The party was held at the clubhouse of the Oak Lawn golf club. I really liked the location as it was close to our old house and they offered an indoor and outdoor space for the party. This was a party for teenagers after all. Guest could stay inside and eat or talk, while outside was a tented space with a DJ and a dance floor. The facility also had a driving range and other games outdoors the kids could play if dancing wasn't their thing. Notice the banner when you walk in? Simple way to personalize the space.





We had posters from the movie scattered around the party. We had a sign in table that also had our favors and trivia questions about the birthday girl. I rented candelabras to add a fancy flare. The signature frame had a black and white picture of the birthday girl dressed like Audrey Hepburn. I used simple scrapbook letters to add Sweet 16.


I loved the favors for this party! I ordered the tiffany blue colored boxes on line and then filled them with personalized Sweet 16 M&M's. Printed up some labels and it was the perfectly themed gift for guests to take home.



Centerpieces for the inside, were simply boxes wrapped with tiffany blue paper and a ribbon. I then stuffed with matching tissue paper to create the look of a Tiffany's gift box. There was a white paper flower in each one. The facility provided the standard mirror and votives. Super simple and super cheap!



For the set up on the outside, I tried to create the look of the tiffany box by wrapping white tulle around each table. The tent colors already matched our theme. I just added paper lanterns and balloons to add some pop to the space.



The gift table. Again, I used the tiffany blue wrapping paper and ribbon to make a card box. I added a picture of Audrey Hepburn saying "thank you daaahhlings!" Some people took to the theme and actually brought gifts from Tiffany's!

When the birthday girl arrived, I had everyone outside and as she walked in, the DJ played that song......I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's. The birthday girl looks gorgeous in her little pink cupcake dress don't you think?






The cake.....once again, Creative Cakes in Tinley Park. It looked great.



The milestone birthday photo board I made. You can see we took a bunch of pictures of the birthday girl as Audrey Hepburn.






Guests were asked to come dressed in black and white. This of course let our birthday girl stand out in all of the pictures.

Hard to see, but this is the birthday girl thanking everyone for coming. You cannot be a good party planner without teaching your children the importance of being a good host.



Just a cute picture of the birthday girl and her brother. He did a great job of taking all of these pictures for his mom. I knew back then I wanted to start this blog.....it only took me 3 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment