The pulse of the party is its' theme.







Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I may be old, but I'm no turkey!

So this past November was my 40th birthday. I had always planned on having this huge party. I even had the theme picked out years ago. Well, chemo had it's own plans for me. After having my daughters graduation party while I was going through treatment, I knew that I would not have the energy for the big party I had dreamed of. Of course, that did not mean I would let the day go by without adding a few little touches to make it feel special! My birthday just happened to fall on Thanksgiving, so that took the leg work out of it right there. My theme was built right into the day......to make it a little more birthday, I made my portion of the day a fall flowers kind of thing.

This really meant a lot to me. My husband knew how disappointed I was not to have a party. He ordered up 40 candles for the front lawn.

Not the best picture, but you can see that I have fall flowers through out the house. The cake is on the counter there. I wish I had the picture of the cake....it was covered with fall colors and leaves.

Here is a picture of the table. We just had family over and being sick, I kept it simple. The place mats are actually crepe paper. You can buy them in packs of 12 at Swoozies. (the one near me is closing down and has 50% off) I purchased a bunch of napkin rings with different designs but similar colors at Pier One. They always have cool napkin rings. The little ceramic gourds and the centerpiece were purchased at Pier One as well.

I bought myself balloons......again, I still wanted it to feel like a birthday.

It was Thanksgiving after all......here is the kids table. I printed out some thanksgiving activity sheets on the computer....easy and free! The plates are from Swoozies.....the Orland location has them crazy discounted right now. We also went out and bought a board game for the family to play. Board games are an awesome way to add some fun to a family gathering.

This turkey was my crafty creation. I made him out of construction paper and hung him on the wall above the kids table. He had a lot to say!

My sister and the kids also put on a little thanksgiving play. It was really sweet. I wish I had more pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment